but we will be meeting on Tuesday, November 24 to get our picture taken for the yearbook. So if you’d like to be included in the PBRS group photo, please come to room E-101 during lunch on November 24.
Howdy yall, last week we had our first ride of the season and the turnout was pretty great. We went to the Salvation Army and went through some dangerous tunnels and woods and train tracks to get there. It was truly a ride 2 remember.
This Saturday, October 17th, is also a ride.
- dress like Aryeh’s dad (t-shirts that you got for free OR something old fashioned and classy-like)
- hello Tim (Tim Martin is back for a weekend and this ride is 4 Him)
- 1pm at the clocktower
- Bring all of your favorite Tim things or give him the card that you meant to give him at the “Bye Tim Ride” over the summer.
- BE THERE!!!
NOTE: We will NOT be going to Old Country Buffet ever again.
- There will be a ride on October 17th. Details pending.
- There will not be a ride this Saturday.
- All members are encouraged to bring their friends to the next meeting. We need more bikerz.
- Design a poster.
I feel like today’s meeting was pretty comfortable. I feel better about E-103 than last year’s C-205.
So ah, Wednesdays at lunch in room E-103 is the new standard.
little zacky, the bicycle boy
Tim Pincikowski was a Saline resident who was struck and killed by a car at the corner of Maple and Ellsworth in Pittsfield Township on July 28, 2009. This ride will have Ann Arbor and Pittsfield Township Police escorts, will leave from Pioneer High School (the Park & Ride lot) on Main Street, just south of Stadium Boulevard, in Ann Arbor. The ride will leave at 5 PM, travel the approximate 3.5 miles to the site of the accident on Maple Road, stop for a brief service, and then return to Pioneer at approximately 6 PM. All are invited to attend.This is on Tuesday, August 18th. I’d encourage all PBRS members to attend if possible. It is hosted by the Washtenaw Bicycling & Walking Coalition.
It’s the PBRS BTR!
Tim is moving to some American colony in Maryland or Delaware or something at the end of this month and we’re all gonna miss him so much…
So, to mourn the moving-away of a dear friend, the Pioneer Bicycle Riders Society is going to throw him a big celebration to show that we love him lotz.
The plan is for TUESDAY, JULY 28TH:
- meet at the clocktower of Pioneer High School at 6:30pm sharp!
- depart at 7PM to the restaurant where PBRS will be dining. It’s a surprise for Tim, but if you’d like to know the restaurant you can ask me or Aryeh or Jeff, personally.
- arrive at about 7:20 at the restaurant.
- do whatever we want after that
Also, try to make Tim a nice card or buy him something sweet for him to remember you by. This may be the last time you see him in your entire life.
ATTENTION: THIS POST HAS BEEN UPDATED; THE DATE HAS BEEN CHANGED FROM WEDNESDAY TO TUESDAY SO THAT IT WORKS AROUND OTHER PEOPLES’ SCHEDULES. THE TIMES HAVE BEEN ADJUSTED AS WELL.
ALSO, IF YOU’RE INTERESTED IN SEEING THE 400 BLOWS AT 5PM AT THE MICHIGAN THEATER TOMORROW, I WILL ALSO BE IN ATTENDANCE. I WILL BE RIDING MY BIKE FROM THE THEATER TO THE HIGH SCHOOL IN TIME FOR THE MEET AND WOULD ENJOY COMPANY.
This Saturday, July 11th, we’re going to have a bike ride! Just like the good ol’ days!
Here’s the dealio:
- Meet at the Pioneer High School clocktower at 1PM on Saturday, July 11th.
- Bring all your friends
- Bring a little picnic or something fun
- The theme is “early ’90s live-action Disney films”! So dress up as your favorite character from Cool Runnings or The Mighty Ducks or Homeward Bound or whatever Disney movie that came out before 1996 and after 1989.
- For inspiration, look at Wikipedia’s list of ’90s Disney films, here.
- The theme is definitely not mandatory, I just want to see what people do.
See you there!
July 1st is “bike night” and Top of the Park is showing one of my favorite animated movies, The Triplets of Belleville, which sort of revolves around bicycles.
So, I thought it would be good idea to plan a bike ride around that night. The movie starts at 10 PM, so I thought maybe we could meet up at the ol’ Pioneer High School clocktower at 8, ride around, maybe get some ice cream, and then head downtown to enjoy Top of the Park at about 9ish.
July 1st is a Wednesday. And this isn’t at all sponsored by the school, so feel free to come with some friends or your little brother or whatever.
Bring a rear light if you feel the need, you’ll be safe if you keep up with the pack either way. Don’t forget your elbow pads and your mouth guard.
Here’s quick reference:
- 8 PM at the clocktower on your bikes!
- The Triplets of Belleville starts at 10 PM
- It ends at 11:30ish, so tell your folks how late you’ll be out— don’t forget to account for how long it takes you to ride from the Diag to home.
PBRS: never forget,
Unfortunately, the original time has changed from 7pm to the classic 1pm. It was a selfish move on my part, but I just found out yesterday that my uncle (from Reno, Nevada!) and pep-pep are coming to pick me up in Ann Arbor and we’re having supper together Saturday evening. I really wanted to go on the ride, so I just changed the time. Sorry for those of you who were counting on the 7pm ride.
- May 30th, 2009
- 1PM. Yes, that’s ONE O’ CLOCK. Not 7 o’clock.
- Clocktower at Pioneer
- NO THEME
- We’re celebrating Matthew’s new bicycle that he ordered from eBay. It should arrive via FedEx sometime today (He named it Clover).
- Buy Matthew some bubble tea or something
- Maybe make him a present.
- Give him a hug.
- Make him a card.
- This is one of the last rides of the school year… the time is now, to join PBRS.
MATT MAYFIELD THIS IS THE RIDE FOR YOU!
will NOT be in the usual location of C-205; instead, we will be taking advantage of the lovely weather by holding our meetings outside!
The location is sort of hard to explain, since I don’t think there is a concrete name for it. If you know where the library on D-2 is, then it should be easy. Outside (like outdoors) of that little lobby area in front of the library, there are some bike racks and purple tables and benches. That is where our Thursday lunch meetings will be held from now on. We’ll refer to it as Table Oasis or Bike Rack City.
Thanks for your continued commitment during this academically stressful time,
Zac ZellersUPDATE: It’s wet and raining, the meeting will be held in C-205… as a rule of thumb from now on:
sunny weather = meeting outside
crappy weather = C-205